Wednesday, June 8, 2011

All About Yesterday's Adventure!

The gang (Ann, Gabe, Declan, Gwen, Connor and I) all saddled up and FINALLY made it down to The Children's Museum in downtown Charleston. It was completely fabulous! I loved it fervently as an adult, but if I had been to that place when I was a kid, oh my god- good luck EVER getting me to leave! Here are some pictures.









   This place has a castle, a pirate ship, a water room- an awesome, open toddler area for little ones to rock out in their crawly cuteness- most of which is pictured here- but NOT pictured here is a room dedicated to physics, a wishing wall, and the most awesome art room EVER. (Conveniently located off of the castle- which, HAS A ROUND TABLE OF CAMELOT!) I'm a geek, I know. That art room is killer, though. 

  Being there reminded me of how much I depended on my imagination as a child, and how much I still do. My imagination (still) brings me so much joy. What did you LOVE to imagine when you were a kid? What do you love to imagine now? 

2 comments:

  1. You're right - the ability to use your imagination (as a child AND adult) is possibly one of the best things out there. As a child I loved imagining I was acting out favorite books or fairy tales in my everyday life, and of course using your imagination to turn the ordinary (refrigerator box) into the extraordinary (space ship, fort, submarine, over-sized doll house) is something everyone should continuing doing - even into adult hood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place is awesome! We love it! I was an only child so I would use my imagination on everything because I played by myself a lot. I think my favorite was play school. I would copy worksheets from school and get my stuffed animals and dolls to be the students. I would actually fill the sheets out wrong so I could go back and grade them accurately. I know, complete nerd right? It was fun though.

    ReplyDelete