Thursday, June 2, 2011

Birthday Bests!

Man, turning 23 was fantastic! Those of you who have been my friend for sometime will recall that my 21st was quite possibly the worst 21st birthday in history. (The summarized version being- water spilled on my friend and I and LEFT THERE, only two drinks all night at two different places, worst service imaginable, got pulled over, had to go to the hospital the next day with a busted cyst that kept me in bed for nearly two weeks solid.) Yeah, it was what one would call NOT fun. But this one... now, this one made up for it! And last year's was lovely as well. :) 


I have really wonderful friends who turned out to make this bash really special- thanks to Stephen and Amanda and their little Zoey, to Jason and Courtnay with Kimber, Ann and Gabe, my lovely, sexy hubby, and Tim and Anna with the wee Rebecca! And too Heather and Cassidy- who it was nice to meet. There was a little jamming, which did wonders for getting me back on that guitar and various other stringed friends- and some fantastic gifts. Tea, mango chutney, shortbread cookies and a spiral wound sketchbook were among them! Also, some maternity clothes and two awesome pieces of artwork from my semi-removed aunt Priscilla. Just awesome! 


Oh, and a thank you to my friends and family afar who left me the most awesome renditions of Happy Birthday on my answering machine. They were worth a million words. :) 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great birthday! I have to admit, the birthday bash was a pretty awesome day for us as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the "like" button? I want to press it a few dozen times. :0) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The part where it says "23" made me feel really old lol.

    ReplyDelete