Saturday, June 4, 2011

What to name her?

So, this is a piece I started a couple days ago... this part of the process is just about finished, so I will publish her here. (I was just reminded that facebook actually "owns" the images we post- and they can use any and all of them to their full discretion. I think from now on, I am going to post all of my images on sites where this is not the case!) 


Anyway, here she is- colored in. Once I get a large canvas- I am going to transfer her over and paint in her oils. But, for now, I really like this pen and pencil drawing. 




I wish I had some deep rooted meaning behind this... but the truth is that I really had very little interest in drawing her mouth this go round! Thus, and idea was born. Feel free to insert your own meaning! Out of curiosity- what do you get out of this image? I'd love to hear your feedback. 

1 comment:

  1. I could definitely see all kinds of meaning in this piece of art. It feels feministic to me. I would put the woman in a struggle between being free and proud of her womanhood and society's battle to quieten her and cover her up. I see it as pro-breast feeding too since her nipple is exposed. She is beautiful, though she looks scared and gagged. It is a powerful piece. I'm just waiting for her to rip the ribbon off and throw her arms in the air for victory.

    ReplyDelete